Since I am not quite ready to take on a new big project I decided to just save my update photos for today’s Messy Monday post. Last weeks project was a success! I am happy to say that I have a much more organized pantry and I love it. It is so nice to know exactly what I have in there.
A few things surprised me as I was organizing. One was that I thought I would find a lot more food that we had no interest in eating. With the exception of a can of beets, some pasta roni, and a couple other things I feel like our pantry is filled with stuff we buy fairly regularly or will at least be able to eat before it expires. The other thing I was quite surprised to see was how few canned goods we had. The caned food we did have mainly included soups (which we rarely eat…note to self: don’t buy canned soup), some peaches, a few tomato products, and quite a few canned beans (we eat lots of organic black and refried beans….made me wonder if we should soak our own).
Some things I did to organize the pantry:
- Put all the unopened foods and opened foods together so that we can clearly see what we have and not open new packages unnecessarily
- Put all loose snacks in a basket together to tidy up and make snacks easy to find.
- Put the things we use most in easy to reach places.
- Got the recycling under control.
- Took out things that we don’t use on a regular basis to store elsewhere
- Got rid of most of our water bottles since they aren’t BPA free and we haven’t been using them anyway (I have NO idea why we had so many water bottles).
- Organized my napkins and party-ware so that I knew what I had and could get to it. (I kinda love fun napkins….even though we rarely use them).
- Took all the pasta and rice and grains and put them in tubs.
It really is nothing increadible, but its an improvement and I am enjoying it!
Feel free to join in this week even though I have not selected our next area yet. If you have a place in your home that needs some love just leave a comment with a link to your blog (if you have one) and the area that you will be bravely tackaling. If you are so inclined you can also put a link for my post on your blog, so your readers can jump on the band wagon and see what everybody is doing.
-Thanks Deanna from Recycled Lovelies for joining in on the fun last week!