Almost every pregnant person I know makes all sorts of lists. One of the most important is the list that contains all of the things that need to be done before baby (or babies) arrive. Some of the things on my list are the fun preparing for baby things, but most are home related. My goal is to have our entire house organized by the time baby comes. This will be no easy task. We have been chipping away at this for awhile and are seeing a great improvement, but still have a ways to go.
I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and likely have 21 or 22 weeks to accomplish these tasks.
1) Organize master bedroom-move chairs, dust in places I can’t reach, change bedding to my favorites, go through drawers again and make each of them work for me, get the totes to the garage when full of outgrown kid clothes…
2) Organize master bath-do a deep clean of tile and bath, organize stuff on counters, in drawers and cupboards and get rid of anything we don’t need.
3) Organize small bedroom and large closet- get all scrapbooking and office stuff into the closet, organize the entire closet and get rid of stuff we don’t need, organize all non-Christmas holiday stuff, and make the room look how I want it to!
4) Go through upstairs hallway closet- purge, organize and maximize the space.
5) Make laundry room cuter and clean the floors
6) Organize kids bathroom-take out anything that does not belong, decide what to store in the cupboards, and deep cleaning (since our kids aren’t potty trained we don’t use this bathroom often at this point).
7) Finish my crafting space and make the large storage/inspiration board
8 ) Finish organizing toys
9) Organize the garage
10) Finish putting stuff on Craigslist
11) Donate to UGM
12) Take things to consignment store-multiple trips involved (I think they only look at a few things at a time)…we have been putting this off for too long. Use credit to buy clothes in next size up for kids and things for baby.
13) Print pictures and put them in frames
14) Set up an art station for the kids
15) Start and finish the twins baby books….HA, Just kidding!!!!
16) Create a working paper organization system for for the misc. things that stack up
17) Get car maintainence done
18) Go through book shelf
19) Potty train kids
20) Take a family vacation
21) Decide what to do about room arrangements and who will share when the baby moves out of our room and prepare accordingly (sort of dreading putting my “separate sleepers” in a room together).
Baby related tasks
1) Go through baby clothes-organize, wash, make a list of any little things we need (this baby will be born in June and my twins were early Feb babies).
2) Put gear back together
3) Figure how in the world to configure the car seats in the van and get them all checked by the tech.
4) Put little baby stuff into the diaper bag
5) Purchase-Small cloth diapers, used glider, used papasan swing, My Breast Friend nursing pillow,
6) Make- Burp rags and baby hats out of re-purposed clothes,
7) Read a couple books
8 ) Decide between a repeat c-section or to try for a vbac
9) Go on a couple “dates” with the kids individually
10) Stock up on a couple baby related products (use coupons and watch sales)- wipes, booty cream, wash, and little diapers (we might largely use disposable for the newborn size so I don’t have to buy tiny cloth that will be grown out of quickly)
11) Pick out a name!
There should be plenty of time to finish all of these things, but I reserve the right to “alter” the list at any point. I will post updates as things progress to keep myself accountable