Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks prego. That means approximately 8 weeks till baby! Here is an updated to do list with a couple new things, lines through the completed items, and notes added to some of others that are in progress. Right now we are getting over sickness and most of these things are the least of my worries. Still nice to see that in the midst of what often feels like chaos, things are slowly getting done.
1) Organize master bedroom-move chairs, dust in places I can’t reach, change bedding to my favorites, go through drawers again and make each of them work for me, get the totes to the garage when full of outgrown kid clothes…
2) Organize master bath-do a deep clean of tile and bath, organize stuff on counters, in drawers and cupboards and get rid of anything we don’t need.
3) Organize small bedroom and large closet- get all scrapbooking and office stuff into the closet, organize the entire closet and get rid of stuff we don’t need, organize all non-Christmas holiday stuff, and make the room look how I want it to (mostly done) !
4) Go through upstairs hallway closet- purge, organize and maximize the space.
5) Make laundry room cuter and clean the floors
6) Organize kids bathroom-take out anything that does not belong, decide what to store in the cupboards, and deep cleaning (since our kids aren’t potty trained we don’t use this bathroom often at this point).
7) Finish my crafting space and make the large storage/inspiration board
8 ) Finish organizing toys (Pretty much done, just a few more finishing touches)
9) Organize the garage (partially done)
10) Finish putting stuff on Craigslist (did some, need to do more)
11) Donate to UGM
12) Take things to consignment store-multiple trips involved (I think they only look at a few things at a time)…we have been putting this off for too long. Use credit to buy clothes in next size up for kids and things for baby.
13) Print pictures and put them in frames
14) Set up an art station for the kids
15) Start and finish the twins baby books….HA, Just kidding!!!!
16) Create a working paper organization system for for the misc. things that stack up (partially done)
17) Get car maintainence done
18) Go through book shelf
19) Potty train kids (little man is doing pretty well all on his own initiative)
20) Take a family vacation (Went to Disneyland)
21) Decide what to do about room arrangements and who will share when the baby moves out of our room and prepare accordingly (sort of dreading putting my “separate sleepers” in a room together).
22) Take family pictures
Baby related tasks
1) Go through baby clothes-organize, wash, make a list of any little things we need (this baby will be born in June and my twins were early Feb babies).
2) Put gear back together
3) Figure how in the world to configure the car seats in the van and get them all checked by the tech.
4) Put little baby stuff into the diaper bag
5) Purchase-Small cloth diapers, used glider, used papasan swing, My Breast Friend nursing pillow,
6) Make- Burp rags and baby hats out of re-purposed clothes,
7) Read a couple books Read 8 so far
8 ) Decide between a repeat c-section or to try for a vbac VBAC it is! (at Providence St. Vincent in Portland)
9) Go on a couple “dates” with the kids individually
10) Stock up on a couple baby related products (use coupons and watch sales)- wipes, booty cream, wash, and little diapers (we might largely use disposable for the newborn size so I don’t have to buy tiny cloth that will be grown out of quickly)
11) Sew baby girls blanket and swaddling blanket with Anna Maria Horner fabric.
12) Pick out a name! Update-Getting closer.
13) Write out our “Birth Plan” (Never thought I would be one of “those” people, but I feel that it is especially important in our situation to have a plan and be brave enough to communicate it clearly (and not worry what others think).
14) Find a “take home outfit.” Why is this so hard?
Other things we have done lately
Moved the kids out of high chairs and cleaned them up
Got the kids a little kids table on Craigslist
Got them a cute storage rack for their books
Got twin beds, frames, and bedding for both kids and got them set up in their room. We will wait to transition them till they seem more ready.