Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks prego. That means approximately 3 weeks till baby! I can hardly believe it. Here is an updated to do list with a couple new things, lines through the completed items, and notes added to some of others that are in progress.
1) Organize master bedroom-move chairs, dust in places I can’t reach, change bedding to my favorites, go through drawers again and make each of them work for me, get the totes to the garage when full of outgrown kid clothes…
2) Organize master bath-do a deep clean of tile and bath, organize stuff on counters, in drawers and cupboards and get rid of anything we don’t need . (Mostly done)
3) Organize small bedroom and large closet (not a priority) get all scrapbooking and office stuff into the closet, and make the room look how I want it to (mostly done) !
4) Go through upstairs hallway closet- purge, organize and maximize the space.
5) Make laundry room cuter and clean the floors.
6) Organize kids bathroom-take out anything that does not belong, decide what to store in the cupboards, and deep cleaning (since our kids aren’t potty trained we don’t use this bathroom often at this point).
7) Finish my crafting space and make the large storage/inspiration board (might not happen).
8 ) Finish organizing toys (Pretty much done, just a few more finishing touches)
9) Organize the garage (partially done)
10) Finish putting stuff on Craigslist (did some, need to do more)
11) Donate to UGM
12) Take things to consignment store-multiple trips involved (I think they only look at a few things at a time)…we have been putting this off for too long. Use credit to buy clothes in next size up for kids and things for baby.
13) Print pictures and put them in frames
14) Set up an art station for the kids. (Made a basket of their art stuff and some learning tools. Will wait on art station till art stays in tables.)
15) Start and finish the twins baby books….HA, Just kidding!!!!
16) Create a working paper organization system for for the misc. things that stack up (partially done)
17) Get car maintainence done
18) Go through book shelf
19) Potty train kids (little man is doing pretty well all on his own initiative)
20) Take a family vacation (Went to Disneyland)
21) Decide what to do about room arrangements and who will share when the baby moves out of our room and prepare accordingly (sort of dreading putting my “separate sleepers” in a room together).
22) Take family pictures
23) Go to the Zoo
24) Stock up on groceries and cook some meals ahead.
Baby related tasks
1) Go through baby clothes-organize, wash, make a list of any little things we need (this baby will be born in June and my twins were early Feb babies).
2) Put gear back together and wash everything.
3) Figure how in the world to configure the car seats in the van and get them all checked by the tech.
4) Put little baby stuff into the diaper bag.
5) Purchase-Small cloth diapers, used glider, used papasan swing, My Breast Friend nursing pillow,
7) Read a couple books Read 8 so far
8 ) Decide between a repeat c-section or to try for a vbac VBAC it is! (at Providence St. Vincent in Portland)
9) Go on a couple “dates” with the kids individually. (So far little mans was a solo trip to the pediatrician and Fred Meyer on Sat) 🙁
10) Stock up on a couple baby related products (use coupons and watch sales)- wipes, booty cream, wash, and little diapers.
11) Sew baby girl blanket and swaddling blanket with Anna Maria Horner fabric.
12) Pick out a name! Update-Getting closer.
13) Write out our “Birth Plan” (Never thought I would be one of “those” people, but I feel that it is especially important in our situation to have a plan and be brave enough to communicate it clearly (and not worry what others think).
14) Find a “take home outfit.” Why is this so hard? (Think we have something)
15) Still need to pick up-A couple newborn hats
16) Pack bag for hospital
Other things we have done lately
Registered for the hospital online.
Ordered nursing bra.
Purchased nursing tank.
Got new pj pants and shorts (live in these and needed new ones).
Got the last of the cloth diapers.
Hung kids book rack in play area.
Currently prepping natural prefolds to get the oils out.
Washed tiny clothes and cleared out a spot for them to go.
Fixed a couple things around the house.
Got the kids 4th of July outfits. I am strangely into dressing them up for this holiday.
Built a raised bed and planted a garden. (All daddy and kids)
——————————– (New additions above and older below)
Moved the kids out of high chairs and cleaned them up.
Got the kids a little kids table on Craigslist
Got them a cute storage rack for their books
Got twin beds, frames, and bedding for both kids and got them set up in their room. We will wait to transition them till they seem more ready.