Since I am always curious to know how other people do things and what they use with their little ones, I thought I would share what art supplies we have and enjoy.
Here is our basic stash that has slowly accumulated over time (along with an affordable source if applicable). I have included the things we use on a fairly regular basis. We have some other odds and ends, but these are our main supplies.
- Watercolor paints- Purchased during back to school time
- Paint with water book
- Tempera type paint- Ikea
- Paint brushes- Ikea and art store clearance
- Oil paints-purchased at a local art store with a Groupon
- Finger paint and paper (paper on clearance at local art store)
- Couple canvases-Local art store sale or Michaels with coupon
- Spray bottle of water (for blurring paint and markers)
- Coloring books
- Coloring Crayons-Back to school
- Colored pencils-Back to school
- Multi colored paper-Ikea (colored regular paper) or sometimes Costco (construction type)
- White paper
- Roll of big paper-Ikea
- Large circle hole punch (great for faces, gift tags, garlands, etc)-Craft store with half off coupon
- Markers(Washable, regular, and Sharpie). -Back to school for kid ones and Costco for Sharpies.
- Kid scissors-Back to school
- Tape-Christmas or back to school
- Glue sticks-Back to school
- Stickers (The kids like to create bodies around the little smiley face stickers)-We like to get stickers at Learning Palace
- Q-Tips-(for painting or paint with water books)-Drug store sale
- Coffee filters (Usually for coloring in with markers and spraying with water)
Future purchases or birthday gifts they will be getting:
- Water color pencils
- Do-a-Dot paint (like Bingo daubers)-Michales with 50% off coupon (Thanks Lisa for the tip!)
- Some sort of clay
What are your favorite arts and crafts supplies to use with your little ones?